Are you a Victim of Crime, then you may be able to claim for your expenses, if as a result of the act of violence, you suffered one or more of the following:
- actual physical bodily harm;
- mental illness; and/or
You could be awarded assistance, dependent on the circumstances, up to a maximum of $60,000, which may include:
- up to $20,000 for loss of earnings;
- medical expenses and reasonable counselling expenses and reasonable safety-related expenses;
- the costs of loss, or damage to, clothing worn at the time of the crime; and
- special financial assistance on a sliding scale up to a maximum of $10,000.
If you think you may be entitled to a VOCAT please contact us to discuss you matter with an experienced Elwood VOCAT Lawyer.